Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Agriculture: Research

Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 10th February 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of James Paice James Paice Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what plans he has to ensure that the outputs from publicly-funded research related to agriculture are available for on-farm use.

Photo of Jim Fitzpatrick Jim Fitzpatrick Minister of State (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Farming and the Environment)

Research is commissioned to inform policy development and dissemination for on-farm use is through specific policy areas. All DEFRA-funded research is publicly available on the DEFRA website. In addition, DEFRA joint funds research with industry through Farming and Food LINK programmes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.