Pupils: Per Capita Costs

Children, Schools and Families written question – answered on 10th February 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Andrew Rosindell Andrew Rosindell Shadow Minister (Home Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families how much his Department has allocated per child in (a) primary and (b) secondary schools in (i) Romford and (ii) Hornchurch constituency in each of the last five years.

Photo of Vernon Coaker Vernon Coaker Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Schools and Learners)

The Department allocates education funding to local authorities so the requested information for Romford and Hornchurch constituencies is not available.

Since 2006-07 the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) has been the main source of school funding. As the DSG is distributed using a single guaranteed unit of funding per pupil for each authority and is distributed from central Government to local government, a primary/secondary split on a central Government to constituency basis is not available.

Per pupil funding figures for 2005-06 to 2008-09 for Havering local authority are provided in the table. Final figures for 2009-10 are not yet available. The figures are for all funded pupils aged 3 to 19 and are in real terms:

Real terms revenue funding per pupil in Havering local authority-DSG plus grants. Pupils aged 3 to 19
2005-06 (Baseline) 4,360
2006-07 4,450
2007-08 4,600
2008-09 4,670

1. This covers funding through the Dedicated Schools Grant, School Standards Grant, School Standards Grant (Personalisation) and Standards Fund as well as funding from the Learning and Skills Council; it excludes grants which are not allocated at LA level.

2. Price Base: Real terms at 2008-09 prices, based on GDP deflators as at 9 December 2009.

3. These figures are for all funded pupils aged 3 to 19.

4. Figures have been rounded to the nearest £10.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.