Armed Forces: Suppliers

House of Lords written question – answered on 10th February 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Byford Baroness Byford Conservative

To ask Her Majesty's Government further to the Written Answer by the Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Defence, Quentin Davies, on 3 November 2009 (Official Report, Commons, 3/11/09; col. 832 WA), who has been awarded catering, retail and leisure contracts for feeding service personnel living in United Kingdom units; and in respect of which bodies other than United Kingdom service units are such contracts used.

Photo of Baroness Taylor of Bolton Baroness Taylor of Bolton Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Defence and Security) (also in the Ministry of Defence), Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (International Defence and Security) (also in Foreign and Commonwealth Office)

ESS Compass, Serco, Sodexo, Aramark, VT Flagship, Avenance and ISS currently have contracts for supplying catering, retail and leisure (CRL) services, or in some cases catering services alone, to service personnel living in UK units. The contracts can also cater for visiting military and civilian personnel, as well as for non-resident personnel who work at the sites concerned. No other bodies are served by these contracts.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.