Housing Benefit

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 25th January 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stewart Jackson Stewart Jackson Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions pursuant to the answer to the hon. Member for Bromley and Chislehurst of 5 January 2010, Official Report, column 116W, on housing benefit, what guidance her Department and its agencies has issued to rent officers on the assessment of the appropriate level of housing benefit on a caravan or mobile home site which does not have planning permission.

Photo of Helen Goodman Helen Goodman Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Work and Pensions)

None; it is for the local authority to establish whether a liability for rent exists, a rent officer would make their usual determinations of reasonable rents on a tenancy referred to them.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.