Higher Education: Finance

Business, Innovation and Skills written question – answered on 25th January 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Hayes John Hayes Shadow Minister (Education)

To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills what higher educational facilities in the UK receive funding from overseas Governments.

Photo of David Lammy David Lammy Minister of State (Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) (Higher Education and Intellectual Property)

Individual higher education institutions, as autonomous bodies, receive funding from a variety of public and private sources, both in the UK and beyond. The Higher Education Statistics Agency finance record gives details of the income received by the higher education sector as a whole. However, information related to funding from overseas Governments is not collected centrally.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.