The available information is shown in the following table.
To provide information for further years would incur disproportionate cost.
|Primary, secondary and special schools( 1, 2, 3) , percentage of half days missed due to unauthorised absence( 4) , 1996/97 to 2007/08( 5)|
|Lewes constituency||East Sussex|
|(1) Includes middle schools as deemed. |
(2) Includes maintained secondary schools, city technology colleges and academies (including all-through academies).
(3) Includes maintained and non-maintained special schools. Excludes general hospital schools.
(4) The number of sessions missed due to unauthorised absence expressed as a percentage of the total number of possible sessions.
(5) Figures prior to 2007/08 have been sourced from the Absence in Schools Survey. Other figures are derived from the School Census.
(6) East Sussex local authority area following local government reorganisation in April 1997.
Absence in Schools Survey and School Census(5).