Borders: Personal Records

Home Department written question – answered on 14th January 2010.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Theresa Villiers Theresa Villiers Shadow Secretary of State for Transport

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what his latest estimate is of the date on which the e-Borders programme will be fully operational.

Photo of Phil Woolas Phil Woolas Minister of State (the North West), Home Office, Minister of State (the North West), HM Treasury, Minister of State (the North West), Regional Affairs

The e-Borders programme is expected to be fully operational by 31 March 2014, processing 100 per cent. of all passengers and crew into and out of the UK. e-Borders aims to capture 95 per cent. of passenger and crew movements by December 2010, covering all commercial traffic. It is expected that the remaining 5 per cent. including leisure boaters and the general aviation sector, will be providing travel document information data after 2010.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.