Fixed Penalties

Home Department written question – answered on 7th December 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Nick Ainger Nick Ainger Labour, Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will ask South Wales Police Force to review its decision on publication of the number of fixed penalty notices issued for speeding in the 50mph limit area on the approach to the Severn Bridge toll booths on the M4.

Photo of David Hanson David Hanson Minister of State (Home Office) (Crime and Policing)

Decisions on the release of any information held by the police is a matter for individual chief officers of police.

Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, if the requester is not satisfied with the response that they have received from a police force, they have two options which they can follow:

(a) ask the force to conduct an internal review of their decision and if they remain dissatisfied then

(b) they should take the matter to the Information Commissioner.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.