Department of Health: Staff

House of Lords written question – answered on 22nd June 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Baroness Campbell of Surbiton Baroness Campbell of Surbiton Crossbench

To ask Her Majesty's Government what is the total cost to public funds of (a) the salaries and all other emoluments, Ministerial and Parliamentary, paid to each of the Ministers at the Department of Health; and (b) the salaries and other payments made to the Department's Permanent Secretary and Chief Medical Officer respectively.

Photo of Lord Darzi of Denham Lord Darzi of Denham Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health)

Details of salary and other emoluments for the department's Ministers, Permanent Secretary and Chief Medical Officer for the financial year 2007-08 are recorded in the department's remuneration report, part of the Resource Accounts 2007-08, which are available in the Library, and can be found on page 25 of that document.

The DH resource accounts for the financial year 2008-09, including the department's remuneration report, are currently in preparation. Following audit and certification by National Audit Office, they will be laid before Parliament during July 2009. The remuneration report will contain information on salary paid and other emoluments received for the department's Ministers, Permanent Secretary and the Chief Medical Officer for the 2008-09 financial year.

The salaries to which Ministers are currently entitled are published in Factsheet M6 from the House of Commons Information Service and can be found at

Does this answer the above question?

Yes3 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.


Terry Frost
Posted on 25 Jun 2009 5:56 pm (Report this annotation)

It took me about 10 minutes on the website to find this information. Why then ask a parliamentary question probably costing at least £150 from the public purse? Isn't that what researchers, also paid for from the public purse, are for?