Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Council Tax: Overpayments

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 18th June 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Adrian Sanders Adrian Sanders Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if he will bring forward legislative proposals for local authorities to be required to pay interest to council taxpayers in respect of overpayments of council tax.

Photo of Sarah McCarthy-Fry Sarah McCarthy-Fry Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Communities and Local Government, Parliamentary Secretary, HM Treasury

I refer the hon. Member to the answer given to the hon. Member for Bromley and Chislehurst on 12 February 2009, Official Report, 2214-15W.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.