Immigration: Gurkhas

Home Department written question – answered on 18th June 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Barrett John Barrett Shadow Work and Pensions Minister

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will make a statement on the progress of reviewing the right to live in the UK of Gurkhas who retired before 1997.

Photo of Phil Woolas Phil Woolas Minister of State (the North West), Home Office, Minister of State (the North West), HM Treasury, Minister of State (the North West), Regional Affairs

holding answer 15 December 2008

I refer the hon. Member to the announcement made by my right hon. Friend the former Home Secretary (Jacqui Smith) on 21 May 2009. Former members of the Brigade of Gurkhas discharged before 1 July 1997 and who have served a minimum of four years are now eligible to apply for settlement in the UK.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.