Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Driving: Licensing

Transport written question – answered on 11th June 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Michael Fallon Michael Fallon Chair, Treasury Sub-Committee

To ask the Minister of State, Department for Transport how many holders of non-UK driving licences have taken the UK driving test in each of the last 10 years; and how many have failed the test.

Photo of Paul Clark Paul Clark Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Transport

Provisional entitlement for the relevant category of vehicle is required before a UK driving test can be taken. Holders of non-UK licences must obtain a UK licence in order to obtain the necessary provisional entitlement.

EU member state licence holders who hold a valid EU licence who wish to obtain further licence categories may obtain a UK counterpart document, which gives the provisional entitlement that allows the holder to take a test in that category.

The Driving Standards Agency does not hold details of previous licences held by driving test candidates.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.