Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Revenue and Customs: Closures

Treasury written question – answered on 11th June 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bob Spink Bob Spink Independent, Castle Point

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer pursuant to the answer of 18 May 2009, Official Report, column 1183W, on HM Revenue and Customs: closures, in which constituency each property planned to be vacated in 2009-10 is located.

Photo of Stephen Timms Stephen Timms Financial Secretary (HM Treasury) (also in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills)

The following table lists those offices where HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) plans to withdraw back office operations in 2009-10 as part of HMRC's regional review programme, the constituency in which each office is located and whether or not it provides inquiry centre services. Where an office housing an inquiry centre closes, the inquiry centre services will be retained at or near the current location so face to face services to HMRC's customers will not be affected.

Town Building Inquiry centre Constituency
Andover London Street Yes North West Hampshire
Ashton-under-Lyne Oakglade House Yes Ashton-under-Lyne
Belfast Olivetree House No Belfast West
Brierley Hill Capstan House No Dudley South
Bristol Woodlands Court No Northavon
Bromley Northside House Yes Bromley and Chislehurst
Burton upon Trent Crown House Yes Burton
Bury Minden House Yes Bury North
Cheadle Boundary House No Cheadle
Chester Eden House No City of Chester
Chesterfield Dents Chambers No Chesterfield
Coatbridge Muiryhall Street Yes Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill
Coleraine Mill House No East Londonderry
Cowes The Watch House No Isle of Wight
Crewe Crewe House Yes Crewe and Nantwich
Derby St. James House No Derby North
Dumbarton Meadowbank St Yes West Dunbartonshire
Edinburgh Clarendon House No Edinburgh North and Leith
Edinburgh Saughton House No Edinburgh South West
Enniskillen Custom House No Fermanagh and South Tyrone
Finchley Gateway House Yes Finchley and Golders Green
Glasgow Blythswood House No Glasgow Central
Greenock Dalrymple Street Yes Inverclyde
Hamilton Barrack Street Yes Lanark and Hamilton East
Harlow Terminus House No Harlow
Hastings Ashdown House Yes Hastings and Rye
Haywards Heath Oaklands Yes Mid Sussex
Horsham Exchange House No Horsham
Hove Martello House No Hove
Huntingdon Chequers Court Yes Huntingdon
Inverness Longman House No Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey
Kendal Kentmere House No Westmorland and Lonsdale
Leigh Boardman House Yes Leigh
Liverpool Norwich House No Liverpool, Riverside
Liverpool Regian House Yes Liverpool, Riverside
London Lyndhurst House, Mill Hill Yes Hendon
Lytham St. Anne's Petros House Yes Fylde
Maidstone Concorde House No Maidstone and The Weald
Middlesbrough Fountain Court Yes Middlesbrough
Motherwell Civic Square Yes Motherwell and Wishaw
Newbury Elizabeth House Yes Newbury
Norwich Rosebery Court No Norwich North
Nottingham Bowman House No Nottingham South
Nottingham Huntingdon Court No Nottingham South
Oldham Phoenix House Yes Oldham West and Royton
Paisley Gilmour House Yes Paisley and Renfrewshire South
Plymouth Custom House No Plymouth, Sutton
Salford Anchorage 2 No Salford
Skipton Cavendish House Yes Skipton and Ripon
Southampton Queen's Keep No Southampton, Itchen
Stockport Wellesley House No Denton and Reddish
Stockton Dunedin House No Stockton South
Sutton Helena House Yes Sutton and Cheam
Swansea Custom House No Swansea East
Swindon Spring Gardens No South Swindon
Taunton Riverside Chambers No Taunton
Truro Pydar House No Truro and St. Austell
Tunbridge Wells Union House No Tunbridge Wells
Walthamstow Church Hill Yes Walthamstow
Wembley Valiant House Yes Brent South
Whitehaven Blencathra House Yes Copeland
Widnes Kingsway House Yes Halton
Worthing Teville Gate House Yes Worthing West

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.