Council Housing: Construction

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 11th March 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stewart Jackson Stewart Jackson Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government whether local authorities which have transferred their housing stock to a housing association are permitted to build new council housing.

Photo of Iain Wright Iain Wright Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government)

Local authorities which have transferred all their housing stock could build council housing if they consider that they have the necessary skills to develop, have resources available, and can do this efficiently and provide value for money.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.