Social Services

Health written question – answered on 11th March 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Adrian Sanders Adrian Sanders Opposition Deputy Chief Whip (Commons)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many people of working age in each local authority who were assessed as having a level of social care need (a) received and (b) did not receive state-funded social care support in each of the last five years.

Photo of Phil Hope Phil Hope Minister of State (Care Services; Minister for the East Midlands), Department of Health

Data on the outcome of social care assessments for people of working age (aged 18-64) are collected and published by the NHS Information Centre for health and social care. The table giving this information has been placed in the Library. Data on the level of social care need are not held centrally. It is for individual local authorities to decide on the eligibility criteria for receiving state-funded social care services.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.