Dental Services: Peterborough

Health written question – answered on 11th March 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stewart Jackson Stewart Jackson Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what the net funding allocation to the Peterborough Primary Care Trust for primary dental services was in each year since 1 April 2006; and if he will make a statement.

Photo of Ann Keen Ann Keen Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Health Services), Department of Health

The primary dental service funding allocations made to Peterborough Primary Care Trust (PCT) for the three years 2006-07 to 2008-09 are in the following table. These are net of income from dental charges paid by patients, which are retained locally to supplement the resources available for dentistry. Actual expenditure levels are determined by the pattern and type of services commissioned by each PCT. PCTs may also dedicate some of their other national health service resources to dentistry if they consider this an appropriate local priority.

Primary dental service net funding allocations for Peterborough PCT
Allocation (£000)
2006-07 7,967
2007-08 8,324
2008-09 9,158

1. The allocation figure for 2006-07 is the aggregate of the allocations made initially to the North and South Peterborough PCTs before they merged to form the Peterborough PCT with effect from 1 October 2006.

2. PCTs are awarded separate funding allocations to meet the cost of any dental vocational trainees who may be placed with dental practices in their area.

3. Full allocation details for all PCTs for 2009-10 will be confirmed shortly, but the allocation for Peterborough PCT will be reduced by a transfer of £467,000 to Cambridgeshire PCT in line with an agreement between the two PCTs on a more appropriate distribution of resources to reflect their respective cross border service responsibilities.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.