The available information is provided in the following tables:
|Crisis loan applications received in England and Wales by region and year|
|East of England||89,930||97,440||118,400||167,620|
|Yorkshire and Humberside||101,510||109,150||114,180||159,310|
|Crisis loan initial awards made i n England and Wales by region and year|
|East of England||70,540||74,390||92,850||111,650|
|Yorkshire and Humberside||74,290||76,320||80,700||98,630|
| Notes: |
1. Regions are Government office regions. Data by region are available only from April 2004. Applications and awards are recorded in the region where they are administered. Until January 2005, a small area of the East of England region was administered for social fund purposes from a district within the London region. Until March 2005, a small area of the East Midlands region was administered for social fund purposes from a district within the North West region.
2. In recent years there have been many changes to the boundaries of Jobcentre Plus districts. In some cases, a district has been split and the parts merged with other districts. For the districts involved in such a situation it is not possible to give comparable data for the last five years. The smallest administrative area for which comparable data is available (for the last four rather than five years) is region.
3. Figures are for applications received, not for the number of people who made an application, and for awards made, not the number of people who received an award. (Some people made more than one application or received more than one award.)
4. Figures are for initial awards only. Awards made after review are not included.
5. Figures are rounded to the nearest 10.