Health: Research

House of Lords written question – answered on 4th February 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Jenkin of Roding Lord Jenkin of Roding Conservative

To ask Her Majesty's Government which department is accountable to Parliament for the activities of the various bodies responsible for implementing the recommendations of the Cooksey report on improving the translation of medical research into improved services for patients.

Photo of Lord Darzi of Denham Lord Darzi of Denham Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department of Health, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health)

The National Institute for Health Research and the Medical Research Council are together taking forward the improvements in translational research prompted by Sir David Cooksey's review of United Kingdom health research funding. Accountability to Parliament for this work rests, therefore, with the Secretary of State for Health and the Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities and Skills.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.