Home Information Packs

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 26th January 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Tom Levitt Tom Levitt Labour, High Peak

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government pursuant to the answer of 18 December 2008, Hansard, column 1047W, on home information packs, if she will make gas safety certificates a mandatory part of home information packs where a gas supply is present.

Photo of Margaret Beckett Margaret Beckett Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing)

No. A gas safety certificate is authorised for inclusion in the HIP where one exists and the seller wishes to include it. The new property information questionnaire (PIQ) includes information on the service history of heating systems. The PIQ will be completed by sellers and will become a required HIP document from 6 April 2009.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.