Energy Performance Certificates

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 19th January 2009.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Gary Streeter Gary Streeter Conservative, South West Devon

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what information required to be provided in energy performance certificates is not required to be provided under Part L of Building Regulations.

Photo of Margaret Beckett Margaret Beckett Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Housing)

Part L of the Building Regulations applies only to new buildings. Energy performance certificates are required for all buildings being marketed. An Energy Performance Certificate additionally provides an A to G rating similar to the label provided with domestic appliances so that the energy efficiency of buildings can be readily compared. An Energy Performance Certificate is also accompanied by a Recommendation Report that lists measures to improve the energy rating.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.