Social Services

Children, Schools and Families written question – answered on 22nd October 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Chris Ruane Chris Ruane PPS (Rt Hon Caroline Flint, Minister of State), Foreign & Commonwealth Office

To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families how many out-of-area placements were made by each social services department in the most recent year for which figures are available.

Photo of Beverley Hughes Beverley Hughes Minister of State (Children, Young People and Families; Minister for the North West), Department for Children, Schools and Families, Minister of State (Department for Children, Schools and Families) (Children and Youth Justice) (and Minister for the North West)

Information showing placements for looked after children by local authorities inside and outside their boundary can be found in table A6 (at national level) and tables LAA16 and LAA17 (at local authority level). These tables are taken from the Statistical First Release (SFR 27/2007) entitled 'Children looked after in England (including adoption and care leavers) year ending 31 March 2007'.

The SFR is located at

Table A6 can be found within the first set of additional Excel tables and tables LAA16 and LAA17 can be found within the second set of additional tables on the website.

Table A6 for the year ending 31 March 2008 will be released on the internet on 23 October while tables LAA16 and LAA17 are due for release mid-November.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.