Overseas Residence: Death

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 22nd October 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Sarah Teather Sarah Teather Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (Housing and Planning)

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what assistance his Department provides for British nationals seeking information on relatives who have died abroad.

Photo of Gillian Merron Gillian Merron Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Foreign & Commonwealth Office

Information on the assistance the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) provides to bereaved relatives is set out in our booklet "Guide for Bereaved Families" and a leaflet on "Death Overseas", which is available in hard copy or at the following FCO website addresses.




http ://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/2855621 /death-overseas

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.