The administration of the Child Support Agency is the matter for the chief executive. He will write to the hon. Member with the information requested.
Letter from Stephen Geraghty:
You asked the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many maintenance calculations were made by the Child Support Agency in (a) Jarrow constituency (b) South Tyneside (c) the North East and (d) the UK in each year since 1997.
The Agency is able to collate the requested information on current scheme maintenance calculations on cases maintained on the CS2 computer system only. The information available is further restricted to the initial assessment only, although many cases can be reassessed as circumstances change throughout their lifetime.
The information available is provided in the attached table.
I hope you find this answer helpful.
|Current scheme initial maintenance calculations|
|Great Britain||North East||South Tyneside||Jarrow|
| Notes: |
1. Figures include all current scheme cases with an initial maintenance calculation.
2. As the current scheme came into existence in 2003, figures only go back to this date.
3. Cases have been allocated to the North East region, Jarrow parliamentary constituency and South Tyneside local authority by matching the postcode of the parent with care against the Office for National Statistics postcode directory.
4. Many cases can be re-assessed during their lifetime. Management information for current scheme cases only captures the number of initial assessments. Management information also exists on the date of the latest assessment for current scheme cases. However, as many cases could have been re-assessed many times between the initial assessment and latest assessment, a large proportion of re-assessments are excluded from the data. For this reason, only initial assessments have been included in the information provided.
5. CSCS calculations are not included in these figures. When a CSCS case is closed it is removed from the management information. A large proportion of CSCS cases will have closed and therefore the initial calculation date cannot be extracted from them.
6. Figures have been rounded to the nearest 100.