Disabled People: Income Support

House of Lords written question – answered on 10th October 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Morris of Manchester Lord Morris of Manchester Labour

asked Her Majesty's Government:

What advice and guidance from official sources is immediately accessible all year and every year for disabled people and their advisers to enable them, their staff and members of the public to decide eligibility for income support.

Photo of Lord McKenzie of Luton Lord McKenzie of Luton Parliamentary Under-Secretary, Department for Work and Pensions, Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Work and Pensions) (also in the Department for Communities and Local Government)

Advice and guidance to help disabled people to decide their eligibility for income support is available via the Department for Work and Pensions and Directgov websites on the internet. Information is provided at varying levels of detail to meet the needs of customers and advisers. The department also publishes an extensive range of information leaflets, available from its offices and via the internet, which include leaflet DWP1003, Income Support. In addition, the benefits inquiry line offers free advice on benefit eligibility to people who are sick or disabled, a carer or one of their representatives.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.