Energy Performance Certificates

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 15th September 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Grant Shapps Grant Shapps Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (Housing and Planning), Co-Chair, Conservative Party

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government whether data gatherers for energy performance certificates, who are not domestic energy assessors, will need to be accredited and undertake a Criminal Records Bureau check.

Photo of John Healey John Healey Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Local Government)

CLG has issued guidance setting out the circumstances in which data gatherers may be used. A Criminal Records Bureau check is needed for a data gatherer who visits dwellings unaccompanied by either a domestic energy assessor or the landlord where the dwellings have tenants. A data gatherer does not need to be accredited but cannot produce a certificate. The certificate is the responsibility of the domestic energy assessor (DEA).

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.