Human Rights

Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs written question – answered on 16th July 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Pritchard Mark Pritchard Conservative, The Wrekin

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs by what means his Department alerts embassies and high commissions overseas to the tabling of parliamentary Questions on human rights issues.

Photo of Meg Munn Meg Munn Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Foreign and Commonwealth Office)

Where a parliamentary question on human rights is country or region specific, the relevant Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) Office Desk, in consultation with our embassies and high commissions in the countries concerned, will provide a response. For parliamentary questions relating to human rights themes or the international human rights system more generally, the FCO's Human Rights, Democracy and Governance Group will provide a response consulting with relevant posts as necessary.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.