Departmental Security

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 16th July 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Francis Maude Francis Maude Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions how many departmental identity cards or departmental passes have been reported lost or stolen by staff in (a) his Department and (b) each of its executive agencies in the last 24 months.

Photo of Anne McGuire Anne McGuire The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

The arrangements for the issue and management of identity passes that give access to the Department's premises have been outsourced to a service provider. The Department and its agencies operate from several hundred premises across the UK, and no central records are held by the service provider or the Department of the numbers of passes which are reported lost or stolen, and it would be disproportionately expensive to obtain this information. Employees are required to report all lost or stolen passes to the Department immediately, and to the police where appropriate, so that local management can determine any increased vulnerability to security, and take the necessary action.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.