Transport written question – answered on 15th July 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Theresa Villiers Theresa Villiers Shadow Secretary of State for Transport

To ask the Secretary of State for Transport pursuant to the answer of 18 June 2008, Official Report, column 938-9W, on fixed penalties: appeals, what methods of redress are available to those whose parking contraventions have been observed or detected since 30 March 2008.

Photo of Rosie Winterton Rosie Winterton Minister of State (Regional Affairs) (Yorkshire and the Humber), Minister of State (Department for Transport)

A motorist who considers that a penalty charge notice (PCN) served on or after 31 March 2008 did not contain the correct information may first make informal representation to the local authority. If this is rejected and the PCN is not paid, a notice to owner is served, against which a motorist may make a formal representation. If the formal representation is rejected, the motorist may appeal to a parking adjudicator.

Fixed penalty notices are only issued by the Police service.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.