Armed Forces: Scotland

Defence written question – answered on 15th July 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Nick Harvey Nick Harvey Shadow Secretary of State for Defence

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence if he will provide figures of sales and receipts of (a) substitute single living accommodation and (b) substitute service family accommodation housing in (i) Scotland and (ii) Northern Ireland in each year since 1995.

Photo of Derek Twigg Derek Twigg Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Ministry of Defence) (Veterans)

As substitute service family accommodation (SSFA) and substitute single service accommodation (SSSA) are sourced from the local commercial rental market, such properties are not owned by MOD and no receipts accrue to this Department. We cease paying rent when families vacate.

SSFA and SSSA are not used in Northern Ireland.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.