Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Licensed Premises: Non-Domestic Rates

Home Department written question – answered on 21st May 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Bob Neill Bob Neill Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government), Deputy Chair, Conservative Party

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department pursuant to the answer of 16 January 2008, Official Report, column 1302W, on licensed premises: non-domestic rates, what estimate her Department has made of the maximum charge in cash terms that can be levied per year on a business in an alcohol disorder zone; and what the commencement date is for councils to be able to designate and implement such zones.

Photo of Vernon Coaker Vernon Coaker Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Home Office) (Crime Reduction)

There is no maximum charge that can be levied on a business in respect of the charges relating to an alcohol disorder zone. The charging mechanism is explained fully in the updated guidance for ADZs which can be accessed via the Home Office website using the following link:

The ADZ regulations have passed through both Houses of Parliament and we expect that they will be commenced in June 2008.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.