Travelling People: Council Tax

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 8th May 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Eric Pickles Eric Pickles Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government pursuant to the answer of 22 April 2008, Official Report, column 1903W, on travelling people: council tax, whether traveller camps which occupy land which they do not own or have permission to occupy, and which do not having planning permission for occupation, are valued for council tax or business rates by the Valuation Office Agency.

Photo of John Healey John Healey Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Local Government)

A clearly defined pitch for a caravan which is a person's sole or main residence will be liable for council tax whether the basis for the occupation is legal or not.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.