Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Research

Health written question – answered on 21st April 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Francis Maude Francis Maude Shadow Minister (Cabinet Office)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health if he will take steps to ensure that Government funding for biomedical research on ME/CFS is equal to Government funding for psychological research on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Photo of Ian Pearson Ian Pearson Minister of State (Science and Innovation), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills

I have been asked to reply.

The Medical Research Council (MRC) is committed to funding scientific research into all aspects of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) including evaluations of other treatments and studies into the biological and psychological basis of the condition. The amount provided by the MRC to each type of research depends on the quality and number of proposals received.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No4 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.