To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
(1) how much subsidy has been paid to those post offices proposed for closure in (a) Cumbria and (b) Copeland in the last 10 years;
(2) how many customers have used each of the post office branches proposed for closure in (a) Cumbria and (b) Copeland over the last 10 years;
(3) what estimate he has made of the number of Post Office customers in (a) Cumbria and (b) Copeland who access and receive Post Office services on-line or remotely outside of Post Office opening hours;
(4) what recent assessment criteria the Post Office has made of any over-provision of Post Office branches in urban areas;
(5) what consideration the Post Office has given to (a) deprivation indicators, (b) rurality, (c) public transport links and (d) wider socio-economic issues in producing its Post Office branch closure proposals in Copeland.
Copies of the letter will be placed in the Libraries of the House.