Planning: Developer Contributions

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 1st April 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Sheridan Jim Sheridan Labour, Paisley and Renfrewshire North

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what plans she has to review local authority performance in securing developer contributions under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

Photo of Iain Wright Iain Wright Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Communities and Local Government)

It is for local authorities to decide whether to seek planning obligations to ensure that planning permissions are compatible with planning policies. Authorities should monitor the collection and spending of developer contributions made in this way. The Department has commissioned research on the use of planning obligations and a copy is available in the Library of the House.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.