Meteorological Office: Floods

Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 1st April 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Anne McIntosh Anne McIntosh Shadow Minister (Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs who co-ordinates work on flooding carried out by (a) the Meteorological Office and (b) Ordnance Survey.

Photo of Phil Woolas Phil Woolas Minister of State (Environment), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

The Environment Agency is responsible for providing the lead on fluvial and coastal flooding.

The Environment Agency works closely both with the Met Office and Ordnance Survey who provide weather information and mapping information respectively. This is then used to aid the Environment Agency in their decision making on flood-related work.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.