ICT: Disabled

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 1st April 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Mark Harper Mark Harper Shadow Minister (Work and Pensions)

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what projects his Department has to assist disabled people to use computers; and how much funding each of these programmes received in the last 12 months.

Photo of Anne McGuire Anne McGuire The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

The Department for Work and Pensions is responsible for a range of mainstream and specialist employment programmes which can help disabled people move into or retain work.

For example, subject to an assessment, Access to Work can provide whatever adjustment a customer needs to access a computer in order to do their job. Some WORKSTEP provision can assist customers to use computers if the job requires use of computers. Work preparation courses can also assist customers to use a computer if this is necessary to achieve and sustain their job goal. However, it is not possible to allocate programme costs specifically by activity.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.