Students: Identity Cards

Innovation, Universities and Skills written question – answered on 1st April 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Stephen Williams Stephen Williams Shadow Secretary of State (Innovation, Universities and Skills)

To ask the Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities and Skills whether English-domiciled home or EU higher education students will have to be in possession of an identity card in order to access student loans or other state or Institution-determined support related to their studies at English higher education institutions in 2009-10 or in any subsequent years.

Photo of Bill Rammell Bill Rammell Minister of State (Lifelong Learning, Further and Higher Education), Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills

There are no plans to require students to have an ID card to apply for a student loan or any other form of student support.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes2 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.