House of Lords written question – answered on 1st April 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Lord Luce Lord Luce Crossbench

asked Her Majesty's Government:

How many Foreign and Commonwealth Office officials have responsibility for advising Ministers on the Commonwealth.

Photo of Lord Malloch-Brown Lord Malloch-Brown Minister of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Minister of State (Africa, Asia and the UN)

Officials from across the breadth of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have responsibility for advising Ministers on issues relating to the Commonwealth and its member states. The International Organisations Department leads on issues relating to the Commonwealth as an international organisation. In the past year officials in the following directorates, in the UK and at posts overseas, have worked, and briefed Ministers, on Commonwealth matters: Africa Directorate; Americas Directorate; Asia-Pacific Directorate; Communications Directorate; Consular Directorate; Defence and Strategic Threats Directorate; EU Directorate; Finance Directorate; Global and Economic Issues Directorate; International Security Directorate; Migration Directorate; Overseas Territories Directorate; Protocol Directorate; South Asia and Afghanistan Directorate; and Policy Planning Staff and Research Analysts.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.