Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Gambling: Health Services

Health written question – answered on 7th February 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Don Touhig Don Touhig Labour, Islwyn

To ask the Secretary of State for Health

(1) how much has been provided for the treatment for people diagnosed with gambling-related addictions in each of the last five years;

(2) what services are available to assist people with a diagnosed gambling-related addiction.

Photo of Ivan Lewis Ivan Lewis Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services)

The information about how much is provided for the treatment of people diagnosed with gambling related addictions is not collected centrally.

Problem gamblers can access services in primary care and secondary care including specialised mental health and addiction services. There are currently no central plans to provide dedicated services. However, we will continue to monitor the situation and work closely with local healthcare communities who are responsible for assessing and commissioning services to meet the needs of the populations that they serve.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.