Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.Donate to our crowdfunder
The total and change in the level of funding provided by Primary Care Organisations and their predecessor bodies (Health Authorities (HAs)) to general practice since 1996 is contained in the following tables.
|Table 1: Former g eneral p ractitioners c ontract— i ndependent c ontractors t otal c ost 1996-97 to 2003-04|
|Table 2: New GMS contract practice based total cost 2004-05 to 2006-07|
| Notes: |
1. 1996 to 2001-02 data taken from the 95 England health authorities based on GPs' total reported contract costs. From 2002-03 onwards all data is PCT based.
2. All former GP Contract 1996-97 to 2003-04 Independent Contractor spend includes both combined General Medical Services Discretionary and Non-Discretionary Spend and Personal Medical Services
4. The new GP contract was introduced 2004 and is all discretionary only funded through PCTs unified allocations.
5. All spend (2004 to 2006-07) is now based on combined practice contracting routes of GMS, PMS APMS and PCTMS services
6. 2004-05 to 2006-07 Figures are based on the audited returns of the 303 to 152 reconfigured PCT audited returns to the NHS summarised accounts.