Health written question – answered on 5th February 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Don Touhig Don Touhig Labour, Islwyn

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what advice and assistance his Department makes available to people aged (a) 65 to 74 and (b) over 75 years on the care of their feet.

Photo of Ivan Lewis Ivan Lewis Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services)

The Clinical Knowledge Summaries website contains general information on the care of feet, as well as specific information on a variety of foot conditions and how best to care for your feet.

Those patients with specific problems can be referred to specialist chiropody or podiatrist services by their general practitioner.

A copy of the general information has been placed in the Library and is also available at:


Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.