Community Care

Health written question – answered on 5th February 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Norman Lamb Norman Lamb Shadow Secretary of State for Health, Liberal Democrat Spokesperson (Health)

To ask the Secretary of State for Health how often the records held by his Department on Continuing Care payments are collected; and whether they include information on (a) older people, (b) adults with learning disabilities and (c) younger adults with mental ill health.

Photo of Ivan Lewis Ivan Lewis Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department of Health) (Care Services)

The national health service does not make payments to individuals in respect of continuing health care.

The Department collects information on the number of people receiving continuing health care, and the number of people newly eligible for continuing health care. From 2007-08 this information is being collected on a quarterly basis, prior to 2007-08 the information was collected on an annual basis on 31 March each year. The Department does not collect this information on an age or diagnosis basis.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.