Waste Disposal: Domestic Wastes

Environment Food and Rural Affairs written question – answered on 5th February 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Eric Pickles Eric Pickles Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to what public authority or independent complaints authority individuals will be able to appeal under the household rubbish collection charge pilots decisions on liability for charges under the scheme.

Photo of Joan Ruddock Joan Ruddock Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) (Climate Change, Biodiversity and Waste)

Powers provided in the Climate Change Bill allow five local authorities to pilot incentives schemes to encourage household waste minimisation and recycling.

Paragraph 9 of the proposed new Schedule 2AA to the Environmental Protection Act 1990 will require local authorities selected to pilot schemes to have in place a suitable appeals process for

"any decision affecting, directly or indirectly, that person's entitlement to a rebate or other payment, or liability to pay a charge, under the scheme".

We plan to consult formally on guidance on this matter. Local authorities will be required to have regard to any final guidance.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.