Armed Forces: Driving

Defence written question – answered on 1st February 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Ann Winterton Ann Winterton Conservative, Congleton

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what licence is required for military personnel in theatre to drive the (a) Snatch land rover, (b) WMIK, (c) E-WMIK, (d) M-WMIK, (e) variants of Pinzgauer Vectors, (f) Mastiff and (g) Future Ridgeback vehicles.

Photo of Bob Ainsworth Bob Ainsworth The Minister of State, Ministry of Defence

MOD policy is to comply with Department for Transport Driver Licensing regulations at all times, whether on operations or not. All the vehicles listed weigh over 3.5 tonnes; therefore all drivers of these vehicles are required to hold a category C licence.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.