Fire Services: Floods

Communities and Local Government written question – answered on 24th January 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Laurence Robertson Laurence Robertson Shadow Minister (Northern Ireland)

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what charges the Fire and Rescue Service may make for pumping water out of commercial premises which have flooded; and if she will make a statement.

Photo of John Healey John Healey Minister of State (Department of Communities and Local Government) (Local Government)

holding answer 21 January 2008

English Fire and Rescue Authorities (FRAs) can charge for the provision of services other than fire-fighting services under Section 19 of the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004. This includes the provision or removal of water.

It is a matter for the individual fire and rescue authority concerned to determine its policy on costs and charges for pumping out commercial premises.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.