Health written question – answered on 24th January 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Ben Chapman Ben Chapman Labour, Wirral South

To ask the Secretary of State for Health whether he plans to collect centrally information on (a) the allocation by primary care trusts of funding to chiropody services and (b) the number of chiropody clinics.

Photo of Ann Keen Ann Keen Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Health Services), Department of Health

There are no central plans to collect information about funding for chiropody services or the number of chiropody clinics. It is for primary care trusts in partnership with local stakeholders to determine how best to use their funds to meet national and local priorities for improving health and to commission services accordingly. This process provides the means for addressing local needs within the health community, including the provision of chiropody.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.