Only a few days to go: We’re raising £25,000 to keep TheyWorkForYou running and make sure people across the UK can hold their elected representatives to account.

Donate to our crowdfunder

Carbon Monoxide: Alarms

Work and Pensions written question – answered on 10th January 2008.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Frank Field Frank Field Labour, Birkenhead

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what guidance his Department has issued to the Health and Safety Executive on annual testing of carbon monoxide alarms.

Photo of Anne McGuire Anne McGuire The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Work and Pensions

holding answer 7 January 2008

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) regulates domestic gas safety and provides Ministers with information in this area. In its public advice to domestic gas consumers, HSE recommends that carbon monoxide alarms are fitted and used according to manufacturers' instructions.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes0 people think so

No1 person thinks not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.