House of Commons Commission written question – answered on 27th June 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Jim Dowd Jim Dowd Labour, Lewisham West

To ask the hon. Member for North Devon, representing the House of Commons Commission how many television licences are held across the Commons Parliamentary Estate.

Photo of Nick Harvey Nick Harvey Shadow Secretary of State for Defence

The Parliamentary Estates Directorate holds one Multiple Form Television Licence for all the private residences on the Estate.

Black Rod's residence

Staff Superintendent's residence

Serjeant at Arms' residence

Office Keeper's residence

Head Office Keeper's residence

Senior Office Keeper's residence

Clerk of the House's residence

Speaker's Housekeeper's apartment

Speaker's Secretary's residence

The Lord Chancellor's House

The Speaker's House

22 John Islip Street

The working areas of the estate are currently exempt from requiring a licence because buildings used by and occupied by Government or Parliamentary employees do not need a television licence for televisions used for official purposes.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes5 people think so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.