Social Housing

Northern Ireland written question – answered on 27th June 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of Eddie McGrady Eddie McGrady Social Democratic and Labour Party, South Down

To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland if he will seek discussions with the Chancellor of the Exchequer on increasing the block grant to increase resources available for social housing in Northern Ireland.

Photo of Peter Hain Peter Hain The Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, The Secretary of State for Wales

Social housing in Northern Ireland is the responsibility of the devolved administration in Northern Ireland, and it is for the Northern Ireland Executive to decide on the allocation of public expenditure between services in Northern Ireland. But the Chancellor has stated housing will be a priority in his new Cabinet.

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No0 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.