Entry Clearances

Home Department written question – answered on 27th June 2007.

Alert me about debates like this

Photo of John Spellar John Spellar Labour, Warley

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what the unit cost is of dealing with each category of in-country application.

Photo of Liam Byrne Liam Byrne Minister of State (Home Office) (Immigration and Asylum)

Following a public consultation at the end of 2006, we set out in a written ministerial statement and formal response to the consultation the intention to move away from a simple cost recovery model for immigration and nationality fees from this April to a model where categories of leave are priced on the basis of their value to the applicant. This allows us to adopt a more flexible approach and can keep fees low for particular groups.

The projected unit costs on which the fees which took effect on 2 April 2007 were calculated are as follows. The actual costs of processing the applications will be reported in the accounts of the Border and Immigration Agency in the usual way following the end of the financial year.

Application type Projected cost 2007-08 (£)
Indefinite leave to remain 450
Nationality—Right Of Abode 135
Nationality—Naturalisation 206
Nationality—Adult Registration 156
Nationality—Minor single and multiple registration 190
Nationality—Adult registration under s.1 of the British Nationality (Hong Kong) Act 1997 120
Nationality—Minor registration under s.1 of the British Nationality (Hong Kong) Act 1997 200
Nationality—renunciation 385
Nationality—Citizenship Ceremony Fee 80
Nationality—supply of a certified copy of a notice 20
Nationality—Administration of a citizenship oath (not at a ceremony) 5
Highly Skilled Migrant Programme 167
HSMP Leave to Remain 258
Work Permits 98
Work Permit Leave to Remain 288
Business Case Unit Leave to Remain 358
WRS 125
LTR Other
Leave to Remain (non-student) 395
Certificate of Approval 295
Transfer of Conditions 302
Adult Travel Documents (CID) 210
Child Travel Documents (CID) 130
Adult Travel Documents (CTD) 121
Child Travel Documents (CTD) 450
Student Leave to Remain 451

Does this answer the above question?

Yes1 person thinks so

No2 people think not

Would you like to ask a question like this yourself? Use our Freedom of Information site.